I realised that I haven't posted about nice cafes and shops in Tokyo for a while now, and I found these photos I took a while ago at another of my favourite cafes in the neighborhood so here it is! It is called "cafe 6-chome" and it's a lovely little cafe&shop in an old showa-period atmosphere. They sell Japanese antique furniture and it is fun just to go in and check out what new items they have every now and then. They are open in the evening during the week and open from the lunch time on the weekends. It's a good 15 minute walk from Jiyugaoka and there is nothing much around so it may not be so attractive for people visiting from other areas but I want to share my favourite space :) (My favourite cafe ikanika is not so far from this one, about 5 minute walk.)

cafe 6-chome
6-6-1 Todoroki
Setagaya-ku Tokyo 158-0082 (google map)

9 comments

  1. I love series like this... details of important places to individuals! Thanks for these! The tabletop is a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow. i love that place. i would love, love to find a place like that out here to snuggle up in with a good book/japanese craft magazine + a latte. how inspiring! :::

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice cafe! it looks very utilitarian :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that showa feel. yet another great find!
    i'm on the hunt for one of those daruma stoves; wonder if they are very economical?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the first photo feels so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! It's got such a homely feel....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are so beautiful. I got here from See Hear Say and I'm glad I did!
    Will be following you from now on :)

    ReplyDelete

your kind words are always welcome and appreciated! arigato :)

Instagram