Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Sakura Walk in Nakameguro
Untitled
Normally the streets along the canal here in Nakameguro have lanterns and it gets all lit up in the evening, but this year like everywhere else in Tokyo no light-ups had been held to save electricity for the concern of unexpected power shortage due to the temporary shutting down of the nuclear power plants in Fukushima. But that was no big deal, without lanterns I think it looked all white and extra beautiful. It would actually and probably (or hopefully) be the only year I could photograph the sakura here looking like these without lanterns in sight. (You can see what it normally looks like here in my old post.)

Sakura was all over the place, up in the sky, down on the ground, in the reflections and in the shadows, fallen petals even in my hands. Looking at people having great time, smiling, made me smile (half crying) I must have looked insane but I will remember this year's sakura as a very special memory and I hope you enjoyed my sakura photos! :)

16 comments

  1. oh it's so beautiful. you capture so much goodness, I always feel like everything is within reach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful Nakameguro Sakura pics, I miss it there. Hope you are doing better. The sakuras most be an incredible comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, so nice photos!! so, so beautiful and heart touching with all the white, white flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pics are beautiful and pure ! Your words are right too

    ReplyDelete
  5. each one of your sakura photos are extra beautiful this year. i keep coming back to look at them x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, your beautiful photos really make me miss Nakameguro! Thank you for sharing.

    I hope you and your loved ones are doing ok and that the gorgeous sakura are helping you remember on all the positive things in life! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This series is absolutely beautiful and evocative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cavaan,
    Oh what a sweet thing to say! Thank you so much, I'm happy you enjoy my photos here :)

    Jannese,
    Yes sakura was truly a great comfort and they are having the sakura season now in tohoku, I really hope people up north will be comforted by the beautiful sakura. Are you planning to come back at some stage?

    lotte,
    thank you!!! the colour of sakura flowers are actually pink, really pale sweet pink colour. This year the colour of the flower did look whiter than before, maybe the light. anyway it was gorgeous! :)

    Mimii,
    thank you so much, pure, that's nice :)

    Mary,
    you are always really sweet mary! oh i sent you the package the other day, hope it reaches you fast ;)

    Ladybird,
    Ah here is another Nakameguro lover I see? :)
    Thank you for your kind and warm thoughts, yes we are all doing ok, will try to keep positive!

    Danya Ristić,
    thank you! so happy you enjoyed my sakura series posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, how beautiful...and we never forget you there in Japan...;)...still in my mind...and i wrote a little post about the wonderful project by Aichi Hirano which you have showed us some posts ago...just amazing and so touching...really...i send you good thoughts and all the best here from Germany...take care, dear...cheers and a big hug...i...

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are beautiful in a bittersweet way, which makes them even more special. Hope you have a happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so stunning Hiki san, I miss Nakameguro and Japan. Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope to come back this year but probably not til the Fall or next Spring. I really love these pictures, what did you shoot with. My favorite camera is my Nikon F3, with the 50mm F1.4.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beauty has a way of touching the heart - it must have been moving to walk through the whiteness of the sakura. thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful pictures! It's beautiful, it makes me dreaming :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, so beautiful! :)
    x
    kibear ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. possibly the prettiest sakura photos Ive seen <3

    ReplyDelete

your kind words are always welcome and appreciated! arigato :)

Instagram