天然生活 =Tennen Seikatsu which means "Natural Life" is another of my favourite Japanese lifestyle magazines. And this month's issue vol.77 is one of the best issues I've read!

The top feature of this issue is the beautiful home of the famous furniture company TRUCK's owner Hiromi Karatsu san in Osaka. It shows their great and inspiring storage ideas using baskets, boxes and shelving etc.





Another main feature of the issue is Japanese craftsmanship. The basketry, oh I LOVE the bamboo baskets they are really durable and useful, the square ones are on my wish-list now!


Folk-craft toys:

The first monthly column of a flower stylist, lovely Kazumi Hirai san who did my wedding flowers, who also is the owner of my favourite cafe ikanika.

And so many cooking recipes using the early summer vegetables that I want to try!!

I just can't get enough of it!

--
I hope you are all having a good start to the new week like I did. I had a delicious lunch (photo here) at this really nice new britto place in Aoyama with my dear friend Ebony followed by my first visit to the cutest A to Z cafe! (photo here) Had a really fun relaxed afternoon :)

7 comments

  1. I could never get enough of those lovely Japanese lifestyle magazines ... I could read them again and again! :)

    A to Z cafe! I only got to know about it recently when I started getting into Nara-san's work. Would love to make a trip there on my next trip to Japan (which is soon, I hope!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing. The book is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'd heard of this magazine, but could never find much information on it. That issue looks great! I'm slowly falling in love with all the japanese magazines like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Wen,
    It was the first time for me to go to the A to Z cafe, I had always wanted to go but never had the chance before! They have the rooftop too which looked really lovely on a nice warm day. You should definitely go there when you are in Tokyo next :)

    Dear Joy,
    Cute magazine it is! Photography is really amazing too ;)

    Dear Jennifer,
    Yes this issue is really great, shows a lot of the Japanese stuff than other magazines like ku:nel. I'm just loving it!

    Dear Pascale,
    Yes, it is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hiki

    Burritos and Corona! Yum! Mexican is my favorite! Try the corona in a salt rimmed glass with a slice of lime it's quite delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The page with the baskets looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

your kind words are always welcome and appreciated! arigato :)

Instagram